New Garden Planner - Knowledgebase Question

Bloomington, Mi
Question by schw0204s
I want to plan a flower garden this year but don't really know where to start. I live in MN so want plants and flowers that will grow here and have areas that range from full sun to partial sun/shade. I like the idea of bulb flowers as well as perennials. I currently have a bunch of hastas from the the prior owner and will keep some of those, but want to add some color to the mix. Any ideas?

The University of Minnesota has a website that will allow you to select plants for either sunny or shady flower beds and then provide ideas for design. Here's the website:

Just click on the web version and then either run through all the plants, or go directly to the design link on the left hand side of the page. There are over 800 herbacious plants you can read about and select for your new garden. Hope this site is helpful in your planning.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"