Fertilizer - Knowledgebase Question

Okemos, Mi
Question by palmera68
What kind of fertilizer should I put on my pepper and tomato plants when I plant them?

0

Don't feed your plants when you first put them into the ground. You'll want them to establish their roots before encouraging top growth. I would simply place a three inch layer of compost or other organic matter on the soil after planting. The mulch will break down and as it does will provide your plants with nutrients. And, it will help suppress weeds and slow water evaporation. If you still want to apply fertilizer, 2-3 weeks after planting you can side dress with a 5-10-10 general purpose garden fertilizer. Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"