leaf damage on Knock Out Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Bristol, VA
Question by mhicklin
This year I have noticed the foliage on my KNock OUt roses is showing signs of some sort of insect damage.I can't see any bugs or worms, but see the evidence with holes in the leaves. It seems to spread from the ground up. Other people with this variety are also seeing the same symptoms with their roses, so it's not just mine.

Lots of insects can damage rose leaves. Most common are beetles, caterpillars and leaf cutting bees. Without knowing which insect is the culprit, it's hard to make a recommendation. Sometimes simply hosing off the plants with plain water is enough to make the pests scurry away. If this doesn't work, you can use a broad spectrum product such as the neem oil based Rose Defense. It also protects against some diseases so it might be worth a try. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Hope this does the trick!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"