Blue berry plant from home depot.. - Knowledgebase Question

San jose, Ca
Question by snair_misc
I recently bought TAPD2956 blueberry plant from Home Depot. I was trying to find out the exact variety of this plant - I now know that it is the low-chill Southern High Bush variety. But I hear that there are about 10 different types, even within this Southern High Bush variety. Can you be more precise and tell me what sub-type this plant belong to ? Southmoon ? Sharpblue ? O'Neal ?

Thanks

0

Wish I had a precise answer for you, but if the plant is not tagged with the cultivar name, the growing nursery did not supply the name. However, the fruit can be identified by its size and characteristics. When your blueberry produces fruit you can take a few into your local cooperative extension office, Master Gardener Plant Clinic, or California Fruit Growers club meeting. Helpful folks there can identify it for you. Here's the contact info: University of California Cooperative Extension, 1553 Berger Drive, San Jose, CA 95112-2704, (408) 282-3110.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"