hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

Middletown, Ne
Question by revilu
My hibiscus shrub leaves are getting brown spots, what should I do. Is this normal? also are hibiscus perineals. will it die in the winter and bloom again in the spring.

Brown spots are not normal. They can indicate a fungal disease or may simply be sunburn from water droplets on the leaves in hot sunshine. I'd watch to see if they spread. If so, pick off the affected leaves or use a garden fungicide spray to help stop the diseases. There are two types of hibiscus; hardy and tropical. Hardy hibiscus will come back year after year. Tropical hibiscus will be an annual in your garden or a wintertime houseplant if you take it indoors in the fall and back outdoors next spring. Tropical hibiscus has shiny, glossy leaves; hardy hibiscus leaves are a dull green. Hope this answers your questions!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"