Virgin Land - Knowledgebase Question

Ludowici, Ge
Question by fem40_98
I purchased 2 acres of land. They took down all trees and just blackberries and weeds are growing. I don't know where to start to get this into a liveble place.

0

Start closest to your residence and work out from there, tackling one piece of property at a time. You can use groundcovers to crowd out weeds and reclaim the land and you move out into the unplanted areas. It might help to sketch out your property and start jotting down ideas. Flower beds? Vegetable bed? Wildflowers? Paths? Picnic area? Just sketch out your preferences, then concentrate on one area at a time. There are tons of landscape design books in your local library and you may be able to get some ideas from your cooperative extension office. Here's a publication from the University of Georgia that you might find helpful: http://pubs.caes.uga.edu/caesp...

There are other publications on the site. Feel free to download a copy.

Best wishes with your new landscape!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"