indoor plant - Knowledgebase Question

savannah, Ge
Question by cecilbsh
I have a dumb cane tropic show plant. I cann't understand why the leaves are turning yellow on me one by one. Can you tell what is going on with it and how do I save it?

0

It's normal for the oldest, lowest leaves to turn yellow and drop off the plant but if lots of leaves are yellowing and it's a rapid progression, or if the new foliage is also yellowing, there's a cultural problem. Generally too much water will cause these symptoms. If the soil remains soggy for extended periods of time it can cause root rot and rapid decline of the plant. Or, the symptoms may be from sudden temperature changes, sunburn or even a lack of nutrients. Try feeding with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizers, making sure your plant is not sitting in a hot spot or near the vents of a heater/air conditioner. And, allow the top of the soil to dry out between waterings. Hope this helps your plant regain its health!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"