Compost Tea - Knowledgebase Question

corona, Ne
Question by shahnazbegu
hello dear,
what kind of fertilizer can I use for roses? I want big and vibrant flowers. what is compost tea and how do I make it?

Roses will grow and flower best in full sunshine, in well draining soils, and will flower repeatedly if you prune off the faded flowers on a regular basis. You can feed your roses with a specialized Rose Food that contains micro-nutrients, in amounts and with the frequency as listed on the fertilizer package.

Compost tea is relatively easy to make. You'll need a 5-gallon bucket of water and a burlap bag. Place a shovelful of compost into the bag and steep it in the water for about a week. Stir it around every day and at the end of the week you can use the tea to water your plants. You can spread the compost as a mulch material around your plants. Or, instead of steeping it to make a tea, you can simply use the compost as a mulch around your plants. As rainwater and water from the hose percolates through the compost it will rinse some of the nutrients from the compost into the soil where the roots of your plants can use them. Either way, you're sure to have healthy plants. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"