Yellow Grass? - Knowledgebase Question

hamilton, Oh
Question by onpd5
I hate when my grass turns all yellow and stuff. I've tried watering it very often, but it doesn't do much. I thought that perhaps fertilizer would do it, but it doesn't work either. Is there any product that can prevent this? Or any product that will cause yellow grass to turn green again?

0

Is it possible that your lawn is a mixture of cool season and warm season grasses? If this is the case, the cool season grasses will green up in the fall and remain green until the weather warms up in the spring. Warm season grasses green up in the spring and remain green all summer. They go dormant in the fall, just about the time the cool season grasses are greening up.

If this is not the case, you may want to have your soil tested. Soil pH that is too acidic or too alkaline can bind up nutrients and make them unavailable to the grass. That would explain why it doesn't green up after you fertilize. If so, your lawn may need a dose of iron to help it green up. Be sure to apply according to label directions.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"