why leave are brown? - Knowledgebase Question

New Port Richey, Fl
Question by jbot262
I planted Red Sister Cordyline in front of my house. The leaves are turning brown, why? Also I have a calla lily on my back screen porch with the leaves brown also?

It's difficult to say why the leaves are turning brown on your plants. Overwatering or overfertilizing are the most common causes but sunscald on the cordyline might also be a reason. If it's really sunny and hot, your cordyline might need time to adjust to its new planting spot. Or, you might want to consider moving it to a site that receives filtered afternoon shade. Calla lilies grow best in morning sun and afternoon shade in your region. You might try moving your plant to a more protected location. It's important to water thoroughly but then allow the top of the soil to dry out a bit before watering again. Hope this information helps you determine just what might be going on with your plants!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"