pollenating fruit trees - Knowledgebase Question

karnack, Te
Question by lcutchall2
i have a methley plum, bartlett pear, peach, and another kind of pear of unknown variety, my question is will they be pollenated on thier own or do i have to do something like planting more trees? by the way these 4 trees are about 15 to 20 feet apart now.

0

Peach trees are usually self-pollinating; Methley plums are, as well, and Bartlett Pears do not need a second variety for fruit set. I'd give the trees a chance to mature a little before deciding whether or not you need a second tree for cross pollination. Usually you'll get a heavier fruit set, even on self-fertile trees, with cross pollination so planting a different cultivar of each tree might provide bumper crops. Sounds like the spacing is about right for your fruit trees. Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"