crown of thorns - Knowledgebase Question

BYRON, Mi
Question by dlcoats
I have done some research on how to help my crown of thorns. The suggestion was to plant the stem in Roottone to give it a good start and then fertilize with Bloom.

Does Home Depot carry these two products? Do you have any further suggestions on how to propogate the crown of thorns? Thanks.

0

Home Depot does carry rooting hormone and Bloom Booster fertilizer. You can propagate your Crown of thorns by taking short tip cuttings. Use a sharp knife or razor blade to cut off growing tips about 3 or 4 inches long, and stop the latex flowing by spraying the mother plant with water and dipping the cuttings in water. Rooting hormone is not necessary but you can use it if you want. Allow the cuttings to dry out for a day before setting them in a slightly moist, equal parts mixture of peat moss and sand or perlite. Do not let the mixture become more than slightly moist; if too wet, the cuttings will rot without producing roots. Place the pots where they can get good bright light, but not direct sunlight, keeping the mix just barely moist, allowing the top two-thirds to dry before re-wetting. Rooting should take place in about six to eight weeks.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"