Green thumb gone bad! - Knowledgebase Question

Glen Burnie, Ma
Question by mymistye
I repoted my cane plant a month or so ago.Now the bottom leaves/stems keep turning brown and I remove
them,I used potting soil and placed it in a bigger
planter I don't know what I'm doing to make it sick
HELP,at this rate I won't have a plant

0

It doesn't sound as though your cane plant is happy! You may be overwatering. Here are some general guidelines for care: Dieffenbachias do best in bright indirect light (north or east window). Keep temperatures above 55 degrees (they will tolerate 50 degrees.) The ideal temperatures are 70 to 80 degrees during the day and 60 to 65 at night. The soil should be allowed to become moderately dry between waterings, but then the plant should receive a thorough drenching. Established plants should be fed with every two or three weeks during the spring and summer with any all purpose house-plant fertilizer diluted to one half strength. The leaves should be cleaned occasionally with a damp sponge to prevent the pores from being clogged with dust. As the plants get larger, the lower leaves naturally wither and die, creating the 'cane', but this allows the plants energy to be diverted to the production of new top leaves. Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"