Spots in grass - Knowledgebase Question

Union City, Ge
Question by Ltreme
I have large spots in my bermuda lawn where the grass is not growing. Some of the smaller spots are circular. What could be the problem?

0

I can't really diagnose the problem without seeing it but it sounds like a fungal disease (dollar spot) but it might also be the results of insect feeding. Grubs feed on the roots which makes the grass look drought stressed even though you water regularly. You'll need to closely inspect the leaf blades for signs of fungal spores or spots. You can test for grubs by pulling on the turf to see if it is firmly attached to the soil, or digging up an affected section and inspecting the roots for grubs. Once you figure out the cause, the control should be easy. Good luck with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "