blooms once - Knowledgebase Question

irvington, Ne
Question by brahamcharma
I have several rose plants but 1 in particular refuses to bloom. It blooms once in 4 years and only 1 rose yet its big and healthy looking lots of green leaves

0

I'm stumped! There are some roses that bloom only once a year - in the spring - but they generally bloom every single year, not once every 4 years. Roses need only a few things to flower: Full sunshine is necessary for lots of flowers so make sure your roses are getting at least 8 hours of sun a day. Too much nitrogen fertilizer can result in lush, green growth but sometimes at the expense of flowers so be careful with fertilizer. And, pruning in the spring will promote lots of new growth, which should produce flowers. I don't know what to suggest - try pruning, withholding fertilizer and making sure your roses are getting all day sunshine. Best wishes with your roses!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"