Care of Knock-Out Roses - Knowledgebase Question

lake st louis, Mi
Question by itress
Hello,
Just planted Double Knock out roses. Heard that they were disease resident, hardy enough to withstand Midwest weather.
I am not sure what type of fertilizer to use and do they have the normal insect and disease problems of regular roses?

0

Knock Out roses are disease resistant, winter hardy and prolific bloomers so I think you made a wise choice. They grow best in full sunshine and should be pruned back in the early spring to encourage lots of new flowering stems. You can feed your new shrubs with a specialized rose food or use a general purpose 10-10-10. One feeding each spring should keep them healthy and happy. You shouldn't have problems with the standard rose disease and insect problems. Best wishes with your new shrub roses!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"