house plants - Knowledgebase Question

Columbus, Oh
Question by jfahner391
I have a egypt elephant house plant & a croton revolution plant & don't know how to care for them. Could you Please help me with them?
Thank You, Judy

0

I'm not familiar with an Egypt Elephant plant. Perhaps it is an Elephant ear plant? (colocasia or alocasia). If so, it needs bright light and lots of water. Plant yours in regular potting soil, set it in a bright location but no direct sunshine, and water it as soon as the soil begins to dry out. It loves warm temperatures and will go dormant if the temperatures drop below 60F.

Croton plants are easy to grow indoors. They like lots of humidity so you may need to mist your plant on a daily basis. Give it bright light and water just as the top of the soil begins to dry out. Keep your plant out of drafts from air conditioners, open doors or windows, and away from heater vents. These are easy care plants so all you need to do is sit back and enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"