Ackee - Knowledgebase Question

Miami, Fl
Question by ladkong
The above is a fruit tree indigenous to Africa. The fruit if picked at the wrong time is poisonous however is a favorite dish of Jamaicans.
I have one of these trees and the leaves wilt shortly after coming out and is also seem to be suffering from some sort of insect disease. If I could send you a picture I think you would get a better idea of my problem. I have not done a soil test.

0

I don't have any experience at all growing Ackee, but Florida State University has a publication that you might find helpful. It discusses the tree, its fruit, and the growing requirements. And, if you don't find the information you're looking for, you can contact your local cooperative extension office for additional help. Here's the website: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/hs378

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"