something eating my plants - Knowledgebase Question

ravenna, Oh
Question by deborah_atan
Good Day,
I have in my garden green beans, tomatoes, sweet basil. Something is eating the leaves of these 3 plants. my green beans are down to one leaf, I have sprayed the plants with Fungicide 3. it is suposed to control fungicide, insecticide and miticide. but it is not working what should I do?

0

It is difficult to recommend a control when we don't know what might be feasting on the leaves. Try going out at different times of day and checking the undersides of the leaves. With any luck you'll find the pests. If you can't find them during the day, they may be feeding at night. Slugs and snails enjoy vegetable leaves; caterpillars do, too. Neither of these will be bothered by the fungicide/insecticide you used. If the pests are caterpillars they can be controlled with a product called Dipel or Thuricide. If they are slugs or snails, you can use one of the iron based slug baits such as Sluggo. As a final resort, you might try Rotenone spray or dust. Whatever you decide to use, be sure to follow label directions. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"