Bell Pepper Problems 2 - Knowledgebase Question

Gold Canyon, Ar
Question by adobecasa
Ok, thank you very much. But here is the last question. There are little balls on the top of the plant, (or bottom, because it has been in a Topsy Turvy for 2-3 months) Are they going to be flowers? And how do I tell the difference between the flowers that will set fruit and the ones that won't? Pictures of the plant are in my album.

0

I'll bet your pepper plant is just about to develop flowers! Hope so! All the flowers that it opens will develop into fruit, as long as the flowers are pollinated by flying insects. If a flower fails to develop a fruit, it's usually because it wasn't cross pollinated. There's not much you can do about that - but you can encourage bees and other pollinating insects to visit your garden by planting lots of colorful flowers in your garden. Once the bees are in the garden, they will visit lots of open flowers, including your bell pepper flowers. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"