Care for a fuschia plant? - Knowledgebase Question

Wethersfield, Co
Question by jamain_vazqu

I am not getting the information I need about this plant. I have a hanging Fuschia basket. It is pink with purple inside. They are bell-like in shape. What I need to know is where do I put it? Sun/ shade? I live in Connecticut and the temperature gets to about 100 sometimes. I want this plant to last but I am not sure where to place it? Inside/ outside? Please help!! I am clueless

Fuchsias are beautiful annual plants. They grow best in shade but will tolerate an hour or two of morning sunshine. They grow wonderfully well in hanging baskets and all they ask is protection from hot sunshine, moist soil, and occasional pinching and deadheading. You don't have to pinch off the faded flowers but your plant will produce more flowers if you keep the dead ones cut or pinched off. To encourage lots of trailing stems, pinch out the very tips of the stems every 2-3 weeks. This will force new growth along the remaining stem plus new growth where you pinched the plant back. That's all there is to keeping your new fuchsia healthy, happy and blooming well. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"