Dying Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Hometown, Il
Question by kta7800
Hi,I planted 8 hybrid rose bushes, used Bayer fertilizer and compost in the top soil. Use soaker hose and dead head, help!

0

If you only recently planted your roses they may simply be showing some transplant stress. Until the roots establish themselves they can looky rather puny - drooping stems and wilting leaves. Once the roots establish you'll see new growth and you can prune away anything that is dead or damaged. It's hard to judge just how much water your soaker hose is delivering so I don't know if you are under watering or over watering. I'd suggest digging down in the soil near the plant to see how moist or dry it is. The water should penetrate the ground all the way down past the root zone. If it isn't, you'll need to leave the hose running for longer periods of time. Hope this helps you determine just what's going on with your roses.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"