Hibiscus Leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Vermilion, Oh
Question by jack_long52
I just placed my Hibiscus plant outdoors, after spending the winter indoors. After several days outdoors, I noticed several leaves have lost the green color and look silver now.

It sounds as though the leaves might be sunburned. This can happen when you first take a plant outdoors after spending the winter indoors. The light levels are more intense outdoors and the leaves can easily burn. The good news is that any new leaves your hibiscus develops from now on will be able to tolerate the sunshine. Eventually the old leaves will be shed and the new leaves will be nice and green. Just give your hibiscus time to adjust to being outdoors and you should see lots of healthy new growth. Best wishes with your hibiscus.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"