Raised veggie bed for 1st time - Knowledgebase Question

Irving, Te
Question by vermasheelu
I am in Irving, TX. I used MiracleGro garden soil in my raised bed but the leaves in most of my plants (transplants/seedlings) are turning yellowish and they're not growing as I expected. Why ?

0

Although its normal for the oldest, lowest leaves to turn yellow and die off, if the entire plant is yellowing, it is probably due to overwatering. Your soil is retaining more water than the roots of the plants can use. The roots also need oxygen. Saturated soils can drive out the oxygen and essentially suffocate the roots. So try testing the soil before watering by sticking your finger down into the soil. If it is still moist one inch beneath the surface, you won't need to water for a day or two. If it feels dry one inch down, it's time to water. Hope your plants recover soon!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"