Gourds - Knowledgebase Question

Wimberley, Te
Question by gemdpe
I built a trellis for the gourd vines to attach to. The plants have grown very good with lots of blooms. Problem No Gourds. What should I do?

Jim

0

Your gourds will produce fruits soon. Groud plants are like squash - they develop separate male and female blossoms. Males are the first to be produced, then you'll have a mixture of male and female blossoms on the plants. Only the female blossoms have the potential to develop fruits. You can tell the difference between the male and female blossoms by looking closely at the stem attached to each flower. Male flowers have straight stems; female flowers have a slight swelling on the stem. Watch your plant and you'll be able to predict when a fruit might develop. Best wishes with your gourds!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"