Malorganite - Knowledgebase Question

eastpointe, Mi
Question by mohawkbill
I want to try organic gardening as much as possible. Is Malorganite an organic fertilizer or a chemical fertilizer.

Milorganite is organic, in the broadest sense of the term. It is made from sewage sludge (also called bio-solids). It does contain heavy metals and whatever chemicals might have made their ways into the sewer system. For this reason I think I would use it on lawns and landscape ornamentals, but not on a vegetable garden. If you want to garden organically, use pre packaged compost or aged manure in your soil and if your plants need supplemental feeding, use fish emulsion, green sand, etc. Look for products with the term organic on the label and you should be just fine. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"