burned lawn - Knowledgebase Question

mooresville, In
Question by dmremick
After using weed & feed about 4 3 x 3 areas are burned! I think it got too hot the following couple of days after the application. How long do I need to wait until I can re seed these areas?

Some turfgrasses are really sensitive to weed and feed products so be sure to check the label to make sure the type of turf you are growing is listed as safe on the label. There is some residual effect with most weed and feeds because they can also contain a pre emergent herbicide which will stop weed seeds from sprouting. If yours contains a pre emergent, you'll need to wait the prescribed amount of time before reseeding or the seeds simply will not sprout. Check the back of the label for waiting times. In the meantime, try flooding the areas to leach out as much of the product as possible. With any luck the roots of the grass are not dead and they may resprout. If not, you'll need to reseed - after the waiting period on the product label. Best wishes with your lawn - I hope it recovers soon!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"