Apple tree infested - Knowledgebase Question

Greenville, Al
Question by marcycook200
I have a apple tree of some kind growing in my yard but it's covered with brown spots on the leaves and very small ants on the apples.I used

It's a fact of nature that in order to grow tree fruits, you need to commit to the time and energy required to protect them from insects and diseases. To avoid diseases, your apple trees can be sprayed with Bordeaux (lime-sulfur). This fungicide must be applied early and thoroughly to protect new growth. Apply according to label directions; as the buds break until the leaves are fully expanded. Do this at prepink, pink, calyx, and first cover. Since the fungus overwinters in fallen leaves and fruit, be sure to thoroughly clean up and dispose of plant debris in the fall months. The horticultural oil is effective against overwintering scale insects and insect eggs and should be applied in the winter. It is sold as dormant spray. For now, it's too late to stop the disease, but be sure to rake the fallen leaves and remove them from your garden and start your routine sprays next winter and spring. Next year your trees should be much healthier. Hope this answers all your questions.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"