Climbing Evergreen Vine - Knowledgebase Question

Snohomish, Wa
Question by nepeu1
I'm looking for a climbing evergreen vine that grows good in shade and a container. Once the vines start growing up the porch, they will get morning sun but the containers will be in the shade. Any ideas??? Thanks!

0

Climbing hydrangea, Clematis armandii, or Akebia quinata (also known as chocolate vine) might fit the bill. These grow in both sun and shade. Akebia has purple chocolate scented flowers and green leaves. The leaves in most cases are not completely evergreen. Whether or not they retain their leaves depends on what kind of a winter you have. You can find varieties of this vine that have pink or white flowers, and there are two variegated leaf forms I'm aware of - one with white variegation and one with gold.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"