question on my lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Redmond, Wa
Question by sunnyv6
My lawn was full of moss after last winter, so I got my lawn thatched, added new top soil and reseeded it back in March. Now most of the grass is back but there is 20% of the lawn (in patches) which still does not have grass. What should I do for these patches? Should I gove them more time or re-seed them again? For re-seeding, what type of seed should I use and what process should I follow?

0

I'd overseed the bare areas with a cool season grass mixture (perennial rye, fescue, etc.). Start by raking the areas to roughen them up so the seeds can make good contact with the soil. After broadcasting the seed cover it with a thin layer of compost or peat moss to help keep it moist. Water frequently so the seeds do not dry out and they should sprout in 7-10 days.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"