weeping cherry tree - Knowledgebase Question

Bronston, Ke
Question by kywomanjt
I planted a weeping cherry tree about 4 ft tall several yrs ago. It is growing great, about 5-6 ft now, the branches touch the ground, I trimmed them back last year, this year they are to the ground again, it looks more like a big bush. My problem is, in the spring I don't get many blooms on the tree, only about 15-20, then the leaves come on rapidly. Why am I not getting a tree full of blooms

Plant maturity has a lot to do with flowering, as does exposure to sunshine, and even the weather. If your cherry tree is getting full sun then immaturity is a factor in its failure to bloom abundantly. A little patience on your part is all that's necessary. Be sure to prune it right after it has finished blooming. Enjoy yoru tree!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"