Perrenials Not Coming Up - Knowledgebase Question

Buffalo, Ne
Question by tkamblelaw
I live in Buffalo, NY and purchased the following from Home Depot last year which are not coming back up: 1)code BPFA0455 blanket flower-gaillardia
2)code THDA0929 columbine-aquilegia
I noticed when I went to Home Depot these are both being sold and the columbine are already blooming. Anything I can do to facilitate them growing back? Thank you in advance!

Gaillardia is not completely hardy in your growing region. It's rated only to zone 6 so you'll need to consider it an annual in your garden unless you can provide some winter protection. Columbine is hardy in your growing region and yours should begin growing within the next week or two. Those that you see in the garden center already in bloom were grown in a greenhouse where temperatures can be regulated. That's why they're already in flower. Yours will grow and flower, too, but not quite this early in the season!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"