Coneflower Revelation - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Te
Question by jason73
I think we have found the culprit, it has to be that some of my cf's have too much clay added into their soil. 3 cf's are struggling while 3 (including my black-eyed susans) are thriving, I noticed today that my container cone, while it's not really thriving, it's not wilting during the day. Can I ammend the soil with anything to help improve drainage?

0

There's not really any way to remedy the clay soil problem now that your coneflowers are planted but you can be careful with watering now that you know your soil retains lots of water. Just dig down into the soil or probe it with a stick or metal rod before watering. If the soil is still moist an inch below the surface, you won't need to water for a few days. If it feels dry, it's time to water. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"