white sticky stuff - Knowledgebase Question

Brenham, Te
Question by evelynkm
I have this horrible white sticky stuff killing my plants. Started on orchids, now on roses, fruit trees. Have tried insecticidal soap, fungicide with miticide and insecticide to name too of many efforts. Please help!

0

You didn't describe the sticky stuff in much detail so I can only offer educated guesses. Mealybugs look like cottony tufts; the fungal disease powdery mildew looks like a coating of powder on the tops of the leaves; honeydew (caused by insect excrement) is sticky but usually turns black, not white. If you've used all the insecticides available, I'm not sure what to suggest. Why not take a sample to your local extension office for positive identification and suggested control measures? Contact Texas A & M Cooperative Extension, 1305 East Blue Bell Road, Brenham, TX 77833-2436 phone (979) 277-6212.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"