Help with roses - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, Te
Question by printsutd
My roses and hibicus leaves are turning yellow. I also noticed a white residue on the stems of the plants. How do I get rid of that?

0

It's natural for the oldest leaves to turn yellow and drop. Healthy plants will replace these with new leaves in a few short weeks. All over yellowing can indicate over watering or a disease. The white residue could be powdery mildew, a fungal disease, which indicates poor air circulation. Powdery mildew sees to hit hard when nights are cold and daytime temperatures are warm. You may need to take a sample of the problem to your local extension office for positive diagnosis. I'd be inclined to prune both plants back. You'll remove the infected stems and leaves and promote healthy new growth, and, pruning will also open them up to better air circulation. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"