Flowering Tree - Knowledgebase Question

houston, Te
Question by bertsmith313
I have a potted flowering tree that is presently indoors but started developing yellow leaves with dark brown spots and the leaves started falling off when it was outdoors about 5 days ago. I watered the tree and added indoor plant fertilizer yesterday but the leaves keep falling off. What can I do to save the tree.

0

Your tree sounds like it is trying to adjust to its new growing environment. Light levels, temperature and humidity are all different outdoors than they are in your home, which can cause some stress to your plant. It's best to acclimate it slowly to a new environment by taking it outdoors and placing it in a shady spot during the day, then taking it back indoors at night. Each day leave it out for longer and longer periods until it is spending 24 hours a day outdoors. The whole process will take about a week. Once it is used to being outdoors all day and night you can gradually move it into brighter and brighter areas, and eventually into a few hours of morning sunshine. I think your tree will develop new leaves to replace the lost ones. The new leaves will be more tolerant of the outdoor light and your tree should recover and begin looking beautiful again. In the fall when you take your tree back indoors, reverse the acclimation procedure as described above. Best wishes with your tree.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "