Tomato Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Bethlehem, Pe
Question by drozdabeth
I put mulch in my garden from the city of Bethlehem, I tilled it into my garden. We planted tomatoes , some I grown from seed some from a nursery. Thay are showing no signs of any groth after a little over 2 and a half weeks . They are alive but not very green and healthy looking and still small.Any help would be great.

Weather is what really stimulates growth of tomato plants so if you have been having cool weather, that might account for the slow growth of your plants. I'm not sure what type of mulch you've gotten but if it's from the city I suspect it is composted yard waste collected from all over the city. Unless in contains high amounts of herbicides, it should not retard the growth of your plants. You might contact the city, though, to see if it was tested prior to being made available to you. I more suspect that your tomato plants are just waiting for warmer weather.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"