Tomoto plant problems - Knowledgebase Question

New Port Richey, Fl
Question by reynolds231
My tomoto plants started out great but over the last several weeks the lower leaves are turning brown and there are very few blossoms now. With the heat in Fla. I water every evening. The soil is mix of last years compost, top soil, and cow manure compost.
thank you for any suggestions.

Mike Reynolds

Tomatoes grow extremely well when planted in the fall so they can mature before frost arrives, or in the late winter so they can mature before the heat of the summer. I'm afraid the best tomato growing weather is behind you for this season and your plants are simply reacting to the heat and humidity. I don't know if you can keep them healthy and productive much longer. You may have to pull the plants and wait until this fall to replant. Wish I had better news for you!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"