holes in the leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Andover, Ne
Question by gmsl04191996
I have 2 hybrid roses that has holes in its leaves, is this some sort of a disease? how should I prevent it? will it kill my plant? and why are the flowers so easily spent, they fall off so easily. what causes this? More power to you!!!

0

Lots of insects can cause holes in rose leaves. If you don't see any insects on the leaves themselves, they may have come into your garden, fed on your rose bushes and then left the garden. A neem oil based product such as Rose Defense (by Green Light) can control insect pests and also keep diseases under control. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Heat or water stress can shorten the life of flowers. While you can't control the weather, you can make sure you water your rose bushes deeply once or twice a week. Best wishes with your roses.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"