Evergreen Tree Dying - Knowledgebase Question

Snoqualmie, Wa
Question by janetbarto
We had 2 EG that were dying. We assumed from the landscaping company planting in a basket. So we redid the front yard and bought 4 new trees. Evergreens, 4 species. different locations. All died. planted in aug 09, started dying Feb 10. no sign of bugs. sprayed anyway. Last one standing is a hemlock and it is dying.what can we do

Evergreens normally thrive in western Washington so I'm concerned about your soil and whether it drains well. I think it will be well worth the time and expense to have the soil tested so you know what you're working with. You might also check with WSU cooperative extension to see if there are any particular problems in your area with soils or evergreen pests or diseases. Sometimes there's a local infestation or local problem that the extension agent is aware of. Contact WSU cooperative extension, King County, 900 Oaksdale Ave SW., Suite 150, Renton, WA 98057 phone 206-205-3210.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"