vegetables dying - Knowledgebase Question

Arvada, Co
Question by scotthistle1
I started my garden in a starter kit with peat

You didn't mention whether or not your gradually hardened off your vegetable seedlings. When they are moved from a protected environment to the great outdoors they need some time to adjust. Usually they need to go outdoors into a shady spot for a few days before they are moved to sunnier and sunnier spots. This whole process usually takes about a week and once they have acclimated to the outdoors they can be planted in the garden. It's still early in the season so why not try sowing seeds directly in the garden (or planting transplants from the garden center)? This way you'll still have a garden. Next time you start seeds indoors, try hardening them off before planting them out in the garden. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"