Leaf eating pest - Knowledgebase Question

Vancouver, Wa
Question by jan023
How do I get rid of what is eating the leaves of my pepper plants. They are also eating some of my pea leaves in another part of the garden. We have had lots of rain also. Unknown what kind of hungry pest. Got any ideas? Many thanks

I don't know exactly what might be eating the leaves of your plants so I can only suggest you use a Permethrin based insecticide. Permethrin is the oldest, and most common of the pyrethroid insecticides. It is widely available and is sold under a large number of different brand names (Martin?s Vegetables Plus, Bonide Eight Vegetable, Fruit & Flower, and Hi-Yield Garden, Pet & Livestock Insect Control are three examples). Permethrin is labeled for use on many different vegetable crops and is effective against many beetle, bug, and caterpillar pests. Because it controls so many different insect pests and is labeled for use on most vegetables, this is probably one of the most useful insecticides for home vegetable gardeners to keep on hand. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"