Moss - Knowledgebase Question

Batavia, Ne
Question by rferraro1
I have moss growing in areas around my mobile home. How can I get rid of it what do I need to add to restore good soil for planting and how soon can I plant my annuals cutting garden thanks

0

Moss is usually a symptom of several problems, including poor drainage, too much shade, low fertility, compacted soil, and acid soil. If you can correct these problems, you can grow a great garden. Start by raking out the existing moss then spreading 3-4 inches of compost or other organic matter over the soil and digging it in to a depth of 8-10 inches. This will loosen the soil to improve drainage and compaction and also help add nutrients so your plants will grow well. After adding the organic matter, rake the garden and plant your cutting garden. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"