tomato pests - Knowledgebase Question

Apopka, Fl
Question by bwithers3
My tomato plants have bugs. Something ate the leaves at some point but after spraying with Ortho Max for Veg that seems ok. But consistently I have had numerous bugs on the tomatoes that are about 1/3-inch square (aphids?) and thorough spraying has not helped. This is my first time with any garden.

0

I can't diagnose the problems or identify the insects without seeing them so I can only suggest that you use a broadspectrum organic solution to your buggy problem. Permethrin is the oldest, and most common, of the pyrethroid insecticides. It is widely available and is sold under a large number of different brand names (Martin?s Vegetables Plus, Bonide Eight Vegetable, Fruit & Flower, and Hi-Yield Garden, Pet & Livestock Insect Control are three examples). Permethrin is labeled for use on many different vegetable crops and is effective against many beetle, bug, and caterpillar pests. Because it controls so many different insect pests and is labeled for use on most vegetables, this is probably one of the most useful insecticides for home vegetable gardeners to keep on hand. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"