Fescue - Knowledgebase Question

Lubbock, Te
Question by lcutright
Our builders planted fescue in our yard. It has never been a pretty green, and it is pretty sparse. I assume it does not reseed itself as it has been 2 years and still looks the same. Can you tell me how and when is the best time to re-seed the yard. It is in Lubbock Tx, and receives hot sun most of the day. Thanks, Leslie Cutright

0

Early spring and early fall are the best times to overseed a lawn. That's when temperatures are cooler and rainfall usually abundant. You can overseed now but you'll need to be careful about watering; new lawn can dry out quickly in the heat. I'd start by raking the entire lawn so the seeds can make good contact with the soil. Then broadcast the seeds and water them in well so they reach the soil surface. Keep the seeds moist until they sprout (usually 7-10 days). Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"