My year old dappled willow-L.I., NY - Knowledgebase Question

Massapequa Park, Ne
Question by ndpettit46
I planted a Hashiki Nakuro dappled willow last fall. It faces south and gets plenty of sun. It grew so fast and now exhibits lovely dappled green,white and pink leaves. I just noticed that in a couple of areas the leaves are turning brown. Can you help me with this problem? This is one shrub I don't want to lose. I have put light fertilizer around it in the spring, and also some self feeding soil.

The browning leaves can indicate wind or sunburn. Willows like lots of water but if the soil isn't draining well, it can show up as brown leaf margins. I think I'd just pull or prune off the affected leaves to remove them from the plant. If it's trying to contract a disease, you'll be able to nip it in the bud by removing fungal spores. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"