Something is killing my flowering plants from underground. - Knowledgebase Question

Covington, Lo
Question by PlayerMMV9
My Buddleia plant keeps dying. I don't see insects on the plant at all. I plant it young and when it starts to flurish & begins to flower it starts to wilt from the tips of the stems until the whole plant is wilted, drained & dead. I have already replaced it twice. It also happened to another plant in my garden. Help!

How very odd - and sad, too. Moles and gophers can cause root damage when they tunnel underground. It's unusual for them to repeatedly tunnel through the exact same spot in the garden, though. Unless your buddleia is planted directly over a den. If you have moles or gophers you'll need to trap them to remove them from the garden.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"