Fertilizing - Knowledgebase Question

Cool, Ca
Question by etatsata
My garden was put in 1 year ago by tenants who used it for their purposes. The tenants are now gone, and I'm using the garden. I recently found out only peat moss was used as the planting medium. I added organic dirt and steer manure about 3 weeks ago. When should I start adding more fertilizer to my garden of veggies and herbs?

0

With all that organic matter in the soil, I'm not sure you need additional fertilizer. You can feed with a diluted fish emulsion if your plants need a little fertilizer boost, but overfeeding can affect the plants to the same degree as underfeeding. I think I'd just allow the veggies to grow without fertilizer at this point. If their growth slows, a little fish emulsion will be all they need.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"