pear tree - Knowledgebase Question

Rosemount, Mi
Question by ryuvaraj2002
Hi,
I bought a pear tree from HD early spring and planted accroding to the instructions. But, I still don't see any leaves and afraid that the tree might be dying. When I scratch the tree with my finger nails, I still see it green. Is it possible to save the tree at this point? I also bought apple, cherry & plum trees at the same time and they all seem to be doing good so far.
Thanks.

0

Your pear tree should be growing by now. If you don't see any new leaves it may not produce any. Green tissue beneath the bark does indicate the branch is still alive but it sounds as though the tree does not have the reserve energy to produce leaves. Without leaves, the tree will eventually die. I'd think seriously about having it replaced with a healthy specimen. Best wishes with your backyard orchard!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"