Garden weed and root kill - Knowledgebase Question

Wakefield, Ma
Question by nhammer80
I've got a weed problem that is surrounding my flowers. What should I use to kill the weeds without harming my flowers. I saw Roundup spray at Home Depot but thought that it could kill my flowers. Also I want to start a new flower bed and by hand tried to get rid of the weeds and roots but want to kill them before I plant new flowers...what should I use?

Glad you read the Round Up label before using it in your established flower bed! You're right, it will kill everything it touches. You can use it in the new bed you are going to create to rid the area of weeds before you plant in it. For the already established bed, you can use Ornamec, a very effective, selective grass killer that is safe to use around most shrubs, trees and ground covers. Check their extensive list on the label to be sure your desired plants are considered to be safe. Over The Top by Fertilome and Amaze by Green Light are similar products. Best wishes with your flower garden.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"